We purchased our Spa on July 17, 2010 and it was delivered July 29, 2010. We bought the Mellennium Series Warranty with Peace of Mind Extended Service Plan for $599.

It was supposed to cover among other things “Lifetime Dura-Life Cabinet Warranty, 10 Spa Labor Warranty, 100% Mechanical Coverage, 100% electric Coverage, No plan Cap, and no travel charge” (I have the paper work). Now that we have the cabinet warping, 3 speakers out, and an intake valve that broke off they are saying they are not going to cover ANY of the parts or labor of the repairs. I called and spoke to the manager and they said that the warranty was backed by Leisure Bay who is now out of business so they do not have to honor the warranty even through Rec Warehouse is the name on the warranty paper work. The manager did not even care that this $12000 spa that we purchased from them is having all these problems.

We also come to find out that most of that warranty was only covered by Leisure bay and the $600 was only to cover 50% of the cost of parts that are covered under the extended warranty plan.

That does not include speakers, parts that can break off, or the cabinet as the paper work advertises. So after spending $599 + tax 2.5 years ago we are left with a very messed up piece of junk and they are not going to stand by what they gave us in writing.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Comments

Gainesville, Texas, United States #752652

I purschsed a spa in 2006, with the warranty for 10 years, now they are out of business! I need mine worked on. So who's gonna do it?