Purchased a Leisure Bay Spa from Rec Warehouse in 2010 and have been happy.I realize they closed their local locations but was assured service would not be an issue if needed.
I have the 10 year "Millennium Series Warranty" which covers equipment, cabinet etc in one form or another for 10 years. Recently, a main pump was leaking and I called their main number to schedule service. I was told that 1) Leisure Bay is out of business therefore they could not honor the warranty AND 2) Rec Warehouse is no longer incorporated it's an LLC (or something to that effect). A guy named Andy explained it like this, "if Best Buy sells you a Sony TV and Sony goes out of business, Best Buy would not be able to help you with Sony's warranty".
That's fine EXCEPT, the paper specifically says "Rec Warehouse Spa Service Policy", not Leisure Bay's policy. I could call back and argue that point, but it's obvious they are not going to do anything about it.
Now I have to find a replacement pump and pay an installer to put it in. 100% out of pocket.
Pumps are at least $500 from what I can tell. It's not the Spa I'm unhappy with, in fact, I've loved it. But the company is a stellar example of ***-poor customer service.
They have no idea what I may or may not have purchased from them in the future.I assure you it's nothing now.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leisure Bay Spa
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "me and my wife account got banned permanently i was a leader of a 2.4m alliance and rating was 98k ive never done anything wrong nor has my wife in..."
- "c/o Special Artist Agency 345 N Maple Dr, #302 Beverly Hills, CA 90210 USA Leonardo DiCaprio is a ripoff actor! His salary is bankrupting our country to live isgreedy rich life..."
- "I ordered 2 dvds from FYE.COM when I received them one dvd case was broke. I emailed them and I'm going to post what was said by FYE. Recieved Dvds I received..."
- "LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING I HAVE BEEN IN AND OUT OF THE HOSPITAL FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS THUS THE LONG DELAY MAKING A COMPLAINT. THE WORK WAS..."
- "My wife has been wanting to get a Keurig K40 but we haven't been able to afford the $89.99 price that they sell for at Wal-Mart and other retailers. I was..."
- "Attached 5 screen shots of someone contacting Poshmark users, asking to email them photos. The amount of requests sent are very alarming, so far there are 22 requests sent to..."
- "Name is Nagesh.I placed an order at for SUBWAY lower parel phoenix mill store at 2.25 PM and got messge that it will get delivered by 3.10pm . no one..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."