Recreational Factory Warehouse - Failure to honor warranty
Purchased a Leisure Bay Spa from Rec Warehouse in 2010 and have been happy.I realize they closed their local locations but was assured service would not be an issue if needed.
I have the 10 year "Millennium Series Warranty" which covers equipment, cabinet etc in one form or another for 10 years. Recently, a main pump was leaking and I called their main number to schedule service. I was told that 1) Leisure Bay is out of business therefore they could not honor the warranty AND 2) Rec Warehouse is no longer incorporated it's an LLC (or something to that effect). A guy named Andy explained it like this, "if Best Buy sells you a Sony TV and Sony goes out of business, Best Buy would not be able to help you with Sony's warranty".
That's fine EXCEPT, the paper specifically says "Rec Warehouse Spa Service Policy", not Leisure Bay's policy. I could call back and argue that point, but it's obvious they are not going to do anything about it.
Now I have to find a replacement pump and pay an installer to put it in. 100% out of pocket.
Pumps are at least $500 from what I can tell. It's not the Spa I'm unhappy with, in fact, I've loved it. But the company is a stellar example of ***-poor customer service.
They have no idea what I may or may not have purchased from them in the future.I assure you it's nothing now.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leisure Bay Spa
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On April 28th, 2016 Explore Talent called for a guaranteed job for the movie Bay-Watch. We were told she had casting directors that pickred her out from her pictures as..."
- "Ad Rev for a Third Party (or AdRev) is a trademark/copyright troll that places false claims on YouTube content. It claims to be some kind of "publisher" that helps musicians..."
- "I hired Simply The Best Entertainment to have a DJ for a teenage birthday party. Eric Symons, who said he was the owner, sent a 60 year old guy named..."
- "I travel a lot for business, I am away from home non stop, always on flights and in hotels. I use Priceline, and Orbitz quite often. A friend referred me..."
- " I flew overseas from Washington through TAV (Ataturk Airport). We missed the next connection trip because of the gate numbers confusion on the monitors. After we realized that..."
- "Went to Jones Ram today to purchase a used mega cab advertised for $37,666. When I sat down with the salesperson to make a down payment he disappeared for..."
- "I don't understand how you advertise a purfume sale but no one has any stock some of the warehouses state that they never received any to start with and others..."
- "This location in redford plymouth rd is very rude and inconsiderate and lied about showing up at my house and calling even lied on my neighbor saying my neighbor told..."
- "This Has Got To Be The Worst Ray Charles Station/West Adams 90016 Post Office Around! Regarding: USPS Tracking # 23151470000041624468 Around Saturday, November 26, 2016, I received another Pink Slip..."