Recreational Factory Warehouse - Failure to honor warranty

7 of 43 Recreational Factory Warehouse reviews

Purchased a Leisure Bay Spa from Rec Warehouse in 2010 and have been happy.I realize they closed their local locations but was assured service would not be an issue if needed.

I have the 10 year "Millennium Series Warranty" which covers equipment, cabinet etc in one form or another for 10 years. Recently, a main pump was leaking and I called their main number to schedule service. I was told that 1) Leisure Bay is out of business therefore they could not honor the warranty AND 2) Rec Warehouse is no longer incorporated it's an LLC (or something to that effect). A guy named Andy explained it like this, "if Best Buy sells you a Sony TV and Sony goes out of business, Best Buy would not be able to help you with Sony's warranty".

That's fine EXCEPT, the paper specifically says "Rec Warehouse Spa Service Policy", not Leisure Bay's policy. I could call back and argue that point, but it's obvious they are not going to do anything about it.

Now I have to find a replacement pump and pay an installer to put it in. 100% out of pocket.

Pumps are at least $500 from what I can tell. It's not the Spa I'm unhappy with, in fact, I've loved it. But the company is a stellar example of ***-poor customer service.

They have no idea what I may or may not have purchased from them in the future.I assure you it's nothing now.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
7 of 43 Recreational Factory Warehouse reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Lj

Dec 04, 2013 #752653 Gainesville, Texas, United States

I'm having the same problem! My spa is leaking from the bottom of the filter. And can't get ahold of anybody to fix it!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.